Data Centre Operator
PMCS Services, Inc. · Austin, TX
$20 - $30 Hourly
We are looking for a Full time/contract employee for a Data Centre Operator.
The Datacenter Operations Analyst is responsible for monitoring and supporting all production applications and equipment taking appropriate proactive and reactive action to maximize uptime of production systems. The analyst will report to a Datacenter Operations Supervisor.
- Monitoring and Application/Environment Support
- Monitor and support production applications
- Monitor Server Hardware
- Escalate production problems and issues as required
- Coordinate the resolution of application problems with all required support teams and customers
- Support and maintain daily weekly, monthly, and yearly production job schedules
- Troubleshoot production applications
- Develop, Implement and support monthly production application performance metrics (Problem Management)
- Develop, Implement and support monthly production server performance metrics (Problem Management)
- Monitor incident/request queues to ensure customer requests are prioritized correctly and remediate within communicated service level agreements.
- Monitor and log data center physical access.
- Other duties as defined by team leadership.
Skills & Qualifications
- 2+ years working in a data center with a 7x24x365 shift rotation schedule
- 1+ years experience with data center cabling
- 1+ years experience with server backup software