Cisco ASA Firepower Engineer
PMCS Services, Inc. · Austin, TX
$60 - $70 Hourly
We are looking for a Full-Time/contract employee for a Cisco ASA Firepower Engineer.
- Maximize network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems/outages, schedule upgrades and collaborating with the team.
- Secure network systems by establishing/enforcing policies, defining/monitoring access.
- Work with teams across the organization in order to maintain the current environment, assist with new projects, and upgrade existing systems
- Keep up to date with all security notices for the network environment (Hardware and Software) and coordinate with the team to update them as necessary.
- Follow existing processes for the organization and team
Skills & Qualifications:
- Knowledge of TCP/IP in order to set up or configure routing, client VPN tunnels, site-to-site VPN tunnels, and host explicit routes on routers, firewalls, and load balancers.
- Knowledge of Cisco Data Center Architecture including Nexus and Catalyst switches.
- Knowledge of Cisco ASA and Firepower firewalls including setup, configuration, and troubleshooting.
- Familiarity with hardware network Load Balancing technologies and configurations. Preferably F5.
- Familiarity with Cisco ASR series routers with redundant connections to the internet.
- Ability to install, maintain, and upgrade network hardware and software
- Knowledge of RADIUS and TACACS with regards to network authentication and authorization
- Minimum of five years’ experience configuring, architecting, and troubleshooting Cisco network equipment.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply asap.