Mainframe Jobtrac Scheduler
PMCS Services, Inc. ·Austin, TXClosing in
$90 - $100 Hourly
We are looking for a Full-time contractor or employee for a Mainframe Jobtrac Scheduler role.
The Client ITS division requires the services of an experienced Mainframe Jobtrac Scheduler to provide scheduling for agency mainframe system and services, for the Infrastructure & Operations section of the Information Technology Services (ITS) Division of the Railroad Commission of Texas (RRC) per the following:
- Work involves setting-up and submitting daily and monthly batch schedules, performing changes to the nightly schedule to ensure optimal use of mainframe resources, and ensuring work is complete so that daily overnight batch executes according to schedule.
- Additional responsibilities include supporting data control by updating JCL, parm control cards and control work processes, overseeing and coordinating mainframe operations in the State’s Consolidated Data Center Services (DCS), and working with the Customer Support and Applications Development & Support teams to provide support necessary for day-to-day mainframe operations.
The Worker will apply their current expert knowledge and experience as a Mainframe Jobtrac Scheduler to support scheduling needs on both the Legacy Systems as well as those for the Mainframe Transformation Team.
Worker Skills and Qualifications
- Maintain and provide technical support for Mainframe Production Control and Support Jobs and monthly Mainframe Job Scheduling via Jobtrac R11.
- Daily responsibilities include scheduling, modifying and monitoring production mainframe jobs, completing daily and weekly procedures.
- Monitor execution of automated and manually submitted jobs and adjust schedules to ensure completion and timely delivery of production work.
- Analyze, plan, and manage production control activities to improve job runtimes.
- Troubleshoot basic errors related to batch processing abends, analyze root causes, and work to derive solutions to ensure issues have been corrected at root cause to improve system integrity and productivity.
- Work closely with mainframe developers to address production issues and related fixes.
- Participate in testing new batch processes to ensure productivity is not adversely affected. Escalates issues as appropriate.
- Implement operating procedures and timely documentation of procedures; ensure implementation is in accordance with standard operating procedures and follows same; escalate errors as appropriate.
- Prepare for and participate in daily status reviews, including status reports to clients and management.
- Provide technical and administrative support required for batch failures, late critical batches, and Service Request Tickets (SRTs).
- Support agency application development work by creating and maintaining procedures for use during application deployments; and assist with creating and expanding application environments during development.
- Provide technical assistance to programmers and operations personnel for all problems and testing that involve mainframe operations.
CANDIDATE SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS (Required):
- Detailed knowledge and current experience in scheduling production mainframe jobs using Computer Associates Jobtrac/CA7 software, specifically R11
- Working knowledge of TSO/ISPF dialogs, JCL Coding for z/OS, IBM utilities and programs
- Proficient knowledge of editing using Jobtrac panels and SCL(Scheduling control language) members
- Experience in scheduling on-request batch jobs that require immediate execution
- Experience in MVS, COBOL, VSAM, IMS, CICS and other Mainframe related Tools for Batch Environment
- General technical knowledge of FTP, SFTP
- Experience developing and troubleshooting complex JCL