Telecom Project Manager
PMCS Services, Inc. · Austin, TX
$110 - $120 Hourly
We are looking for a Full-time/contract employee for a Telecom Project Manager.
DIR Telecom offers an expansive portfolio of voice and data services through TEX-AN, which stands for Texas Agency Network. Texas state agencies are required to procure the following services through TEX-AN, but they are also available to other government entities in the State of Texas:
TEX-AN Voice: Local, long-distance, and toll-free telephone service
TEX-AN Data: Broadband, Internet, multi-protocol label switching (MPLS), and small office/home office (SOHO)
This position will perform project management work and implementation of the Department of Information Resources (DIR) new TEX-AN contract. The candidate should have experience leading telecommunication-related projects that involved working with carriers or have managed projects directly for a carrier. This project must also result in the integration of the selected vendors (those companies awarded a TEX-AN contract) into DIR’s systems and processes.
This position will coordinate with key personnel, both internal to DIR as well as personnel from DIR’s vendor partners, to plan and execute the steps necessary to “onboard” the TEX-AN vendors and services.
This position facilitates effective project communication, planning, issue management, collaboration, and information sharing among DIR, multiple service providers, and other stakeholders.
This position ensures adherence to timely delivery and quality standards. Candidates must work under limited direction, with latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment, while at the same time adhering to DIR-specific standards and processes.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to:
- Lead and contribute to the creation and implementation of services.
- Provide technical and operational guidance to service providers in support of DIR’s TEX-AN program.
- Along with project team members, including representatives of the awarded contract holders (TEX-AN vendors), plan and coordinates tasks and activities.
- Monitor and report on the progress of project-related activities
- Develop plans for, and assist with, communications to DIR’s customers and vendors, providing guidance and instruction for post “go-live”.
- Keep DIR Leadership informed regarding progress, any issues that could impact the project (time, cost and/or quality)
- Experience in the Telecom field
- Project and Program Management Experience
- PM Certification (PMP or similar)
- ITIL Certification
- Experience working with or for a telecom carrier
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply asap.